Tax Reporting

Serving and New Staff

Staff leaving University service

  • If you are leaving Hong Kong for good or a prolonged period of over one month shortly after your cessation of employment with CUHK, please:

    to facilitate our reporting to the Inland Revenue Department and assisting you to clear your income tax before your departure.

  • If the above is NOT applicable to you, an Employer’s Tax Return (IR56F – applicable to leavers not leaving HK for long) will be sent to your correspondence address afterwards. In case there is any change to your correspondence address, please contact the Human Resources Office by
  • You are advised to keep the IR56F properly for annual tax filing with the Inland Revenue Department in coming May / June.
  • For enquiry, please contact us at