Serving and New Staff
Staff leaving University service
- If you are leaving Hong Kong for good or a prolonged period of over one month shortly after your cessation of employment with CUHK, please:
- Complete the “Tax Reporting for Cessation of Employment” form online; or
- Download the hardcopy form from and return it to the Payroll and Superannuation Unit by fax at 2603 7890 or by internal mail as soon as possible
to facilitate our reporting to the Inland Revenue Department and assisting you to clear your income tax before your departure.
- If the above is NOT applicable to you, an Employer’s Tax Return (IR56F – applicable to leavers not leaving HK for long) will be sent to your correspondence address afterwards. In case there is any change to your correspondence address, please contact the Human Resources Office by firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are advised to keep the IR56F properly for annual tax filing with the Inland Revenue Department in coming May / June.
- For enquiry, please contact us at email@example.com.